through 2 quarters
The Atlanta Hawks usually have all the answers at home, but the Utah Jazz are a tough problem. The Jazz are in control with a 62-52 lead over Atlanta.
Utah was led by shooter Donovan Mitchell, who so far has 15 points and three assists. One thing to watch out for is Rudy Gobert’s bad situation as he is currently seated at three.
The Hawks are counting on point guard Trae Young, who has 15 points and six assists, and shooter Kevin Huerter, who has 15 points in addition to two blocks. Huerter is set to surpass his season high of 16.
Atlanta hasn’t been a great team in the second half this season, losing 80% of the time while they were on the break.
Atlanta @ Utah
Current records: Atlanta 4-7; Utah 7-3
What there is to know
The Atlanta Hawks haven’t won a game against the Utah Jazz since March 21, 2019, but they will look to end the drought on Tuesday. The Hawks could have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head to Utah at 9 p.m. ET on November 9 at Vivint Arena. Since both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a bit of extra motivation ahead of this competition.
Atlanta took a heavy blow Monday when it fell 127-113 to the Golden State Warriors. Point guard Trae Young made a good effort for the losing team with 28 points and nine assists.
Meanwhile, the Jazz fell to the Orlando Magic on Sunday, losing 107-100. Point guard Jordan Clarkson just couldn’t get the ball rolling, playing for 27 minutes but accumulating just six points on a 2-on-13 shot.
Atlanta is expected to lose this next by 8.5. They’ve failed bettors playing the spread in their last four games, so buyers are wary.
Atlanta is now 4-7 while Utah is 7-3. Two stats to watch: The Hawks are fifth in the league’s worst points against per game, averaging 111.5. The Jazz’s offense has more to brag about, as they come into the game averaging 111.7 points per game, good for the league’s third-best. Atlanta might struggle to beat 100.
How to watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Or: Vivint Arena – Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 10.89
The Jazz are an 8.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The punters had a good idea of the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jazz as the 7.5 point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Utah has won eight of its last 12 games against Atlanta.
- November 04, 2021 – Utah 116 vs. Atlanta 98
- February 04, 2021 – Utah 112 vs. Atlanta 91
- January 15, 2021 – Utah 116 vs. Atlanta 92
- December 19, 2019 – Utah 111 v Atlanta 106
- March 21, 2019 – Atlanta 117 v Utah 114
- February 01, 2019 – Utah 128 vs. Atlanta 112
- March 20, 2018 – Atlanta 99 v Utah 94
- January 22, 2018 – Atlanta 104 v Utah 90
- February 06, 2017 – Utah 120 vs. Atlanta 95
- November 25, 2016 – Utah 95 vs. Atlanta 68
- March 08, 2016 – Atlanta 91 vs. Utah 84
- November 15, 2015 – Utah 97 vs. Atlanta 96
Utah injury report
- Elijah Hughes: Out (Illness)
- Rudy Gay: Out (heel)
Atlanta injury report
- Bogdan Bogdanovic: absent (ankle)
- De’Andre Hunter: Out (wrist)
- Onyeka Okongwu: outside (shoulder)